Planning the Build of Your Custom Computer, Appliance, or Device
You can take advantage of our pre-production engineering and project development support when planning the build of your custom computer, instrument or appliance. The service gathers information on component performance, failure rates and alternative solutions before you commit to a final system build.
With decades of experience, ConRes has already well-established relationships with most component vendors. We leverage these relationships to obtain additional technical support for you. Component vendors may also provide samples, allowing ConRes to offer you special pricing on developmental systems.
Working closely with ConRes during the early development phase leverages the OEM and Embedded Computing Group’s engineering knowledge and experience. This establishes a good working relationship which results in a solid business foundation upon which the rest of the value-added services are built.
The ConRes OEM team works closely with you to plan the build of your custom computer-based product. This process includes planning for:
- System size, slot requirements, housing/mounting issues
- Basic component selection
- Cost / performance / longevity component trade-offs
- Wiring and cabling
- Cooling design and thermal testing
- Unique design and presentation
Life span planning:
- Product component availability requirements
- Product change control
- Component change management
- System heat output and cooling requirements
- OS compatibility and driver requirements
- Component performance optimization
- Noise emissions
- Dust control
Safety and RFI Certification:
- Management of test-house services
- Development of pre-certified systems