Cisco offers Cisco FlexVPN as a robust, standards-based encryption technology that enables your company to safely connect offices and remote personnel.
Cisco FlexVPN also offers large savings as opposed to having to support several different kinds of VPN solutions all at once. FlexVPN depends on open-standards-based IKEv2 as a security technology, and in addition to several Cisco-specific enhancements, it offers high levels of security, value, and competitive differentiations.
Cisco provides this technology with the following features:
- IP multicast support
- Superior QoS
- Centralized policy control
- Transport network
- Failover redundancy
- Third-party compatibility
Cisco FlexVPN still offers all these same features, just enhanced:
- Running with your current IPsec VPNs. Most situations allow conjunction of current configuration and flex.
- Based on IKEv2 and not IKEv1 improving most of the components of negotiation and protocol stability.
- Utilizing GRE instead of VTI or IPsec as encapsulation authorizes you to run most everything over it. IPsec also offers security for payload.
- Supports IPv6 and IPv4 for transport and overlay protocol.
- Several functionalities are reachable with a single framework.
- Dynamic spoke to spoke tunnels. (If you know DMVPN, you’re familiar with this)
- Easy configuration with sane defaults, therefore eliminating the need to set policies and transform sets.
To follow our continued discussion of all the components of the Cisco Cloud Connected Solution, please stay tuned to our Cisco blogs. Or access each of our other Cisco Cloud Solution Component blogs here:
For more on cloud computing and our partnership with Cisco, see our Cloud Computing Solutions page and our Cisco Partner page. We also encourage you visit the Cisco Resource Library at ConRes. For a no obligation discussion, contact your local ConRes IT Solutions office. Or email our Cisco Team at CiscoTeam@conres.com.
So what are your thoughts on the component? Comment below and let us know what you think. And please don’t forget to share this blog with your followers using our social sidebar below as well!